Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Cancer


I know it is a ugly subject, but I need to get it off my chest and talk about it! In the last nine months we have had 4 people we know diagnosed with Cancer. I was devastated at first at the thought of it, as I found out about 2 in literally one day. One person has gone ahead of us to be with the Lord. The other three are doing well with their Chemo and recovering from surgeries. God has really helped me through this strange and unknown territory. I have really turned to him for knowledge and encouragement so I can help lift up these people in prayers and support. I don't know if you know anyone personally struck by this and actually gone through their phases with them. It is quite an ordeal. Not for sissies. Marilyn is a dear friend that I have known for quite a handful of years. Amazing person, she continues to have the strongest faith in God and smiles through her tears every time we visit. She is scared, yet knows how blessed she is and won't let you forget it! I try to visit her each week, and send her verses of encouraging words in the mail! She has no idea the blessing that she is to me and many, many other people that are praying for her sweet spirit! Life is short people. Trust in the Lord and do not lean on your own understanding....because you won't get it if you try it yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment